Wednesday, May 8, 2024

When Does One Begin To Think Of Death?

 How about when one gets really old, and one has a bit of Cancer, and a lot of pain... and one finds it more and more difficult to do simple things like get dressed?  Or...when one begins to think about what one wants done with one's body?  Or, in my case, my desire to make sure my membership with the Neptune Society is still good, and contains current data?  Neptune Society?  That  is a national organization that provides a Cremation that is prearranged... instead of a regular funeral and burial.

Cremation is not for everyone, of course, but... it does have some distinct advantages over burial...  and the cost factor of Cremation is substantially less than burial.  Were you aware that the vast majority of Mystics and Saints in India are Cremated?  And the reason is that they "know" about the difference between Reality and Illusion, and they are also aware that almost all Souls are subject to Reincarnation... which means being born again in another body.  What Souls are not subject to Reincarnation?  Souls that have worked their way up the Spiritual ladder to the point where they are free of the Karma that requires a Soul to Reincarnate into another body because a Soul has not (as yet) reduced the load of Karma that must be reduced before a Soul can cease the cycle of Reincarnation. All Souls are "stuck" in the cycle of Reincarnation due to the load of Karma they have not (as yet) worked through.  To "work through" one's Karma is not an easy thing to do!  And only those Souls that spend an entire lifetime [or even lifetimes]... and with special "help" can eliminate their loads of Karma.

 Such Souls have spent much of their last life [in some cases many lifetimes in fact]  in meditation that is aimed at helping those Souls eliminate loads of stored Karma.  And if one studies the works of such Souls, one finds that each of them attributes their clearing of Karma to the help of a Spiritual Master.

Today I contacted the local Neptune Society location and updated my contract information... just to be prepared.  And I am most thankful that I have been following a Spiritual Course of Study for the last fifty years because that has... surprisingly, actually prepared me to anticipate my coming death with the attention a death requires.  What does one do, for  example,  with one's clothes, shoes, and other things that one has collected over a lifetime?  Think of one's loved ones and what they will have to deal with if one does not do it oneself... prior to one's death!  I have made it a regular practice to take clothes, shoes, and other things that still have usefulness to them to the Goodwill...  I have also made a good many purchases from the Goodwill in the last several years.  

So, I am thankful that my concern regarding my up-coming death is not due to fear of the unknown, but is rather a practical concern regarding how to help reduce the burden my death  will impose upon  my loved one's .  It pays to acquire an understanding of the term "Reality" as opposed to the term "Illusion". But then... who does one contact that KNOWS the difference between Reality and Illusion?

Peace, 1 Brother James


No comments:

Post a Comment

What is "Neutral Spiritual Energy" ?

Neutral Spiritual Energy [I believe] is the Energy of God.  I refer to this Energy by the symbol "NSgy". " NSgy "?  N eu...